PABLO PICASSO (1881-1973)
- Painter, draftsman and sculptor , Pablo Ruiz Picasso was born in Malaga October 25, 1881 and spent most of his life in France .
- At 10 years and it is carried to the drawing while he can barely read . A14 -year-old returns to the Academy of Fine Arts , he is admitted to following and proves to be a true prodigy. He mastered quickly and perfectly drawing and painting. At 16, Picasso has reached the highest artistic level of the best art schools in Spain .
- Blue Period (1901-1903) and Rose Period (1905-1906)
- With George Braque, Cubism gives birth (1906 - 1914)
- Return to classicism (1916 - 1924) He painted large bathers to dislocated body.
- In 1937 , while a civil war torn Spain, therefore chooses to represent his anger and revolt through a monumental work : Guernica universally symbolizes the horror of war. In 1949, he painted the beautiful dove for peace.
- Picasso revolutionized modern art. Les Demoiselles d'Avignon was the first significant work of this movement.
- His painting has evolved based on his life, of his dramas , his meetings and his loves . Picasso painted tirelessly in relentless fashion. His life was rich and his only constant was his painting. It was varied and although it was not always faithful to a particular artistic movement , his painting is always sincere .
- April 8, 1973, he died in Mougins at the age of 91, his genius was recognized in his lifetime and today ten museums in the world are exclusively devoted to him
Available artworks below :
Minotaure caressant une Femme
Tête de clown