Marc CHAGALL 1887-1985
- Marc Chagall was born Moiche Zakharovitch chagalov July 7, 1887 near Vitebsk in Belarus. Born into a poor family he was raised in the Jewish culture. It was in his hometown he discovered painting, before leaving in 1907 to pursue studies Fine Arts in St. Petersburg and start working in the studio of a decorator of Russian ballet. Dreaming of discovering Paris, it then installs it in 1911. There he met many artists like Léger and Apollinaire then made his first major works as "Golgotha" and his first exhibitions in 1912 and in 1914 in Berlin.
- With World War I, Marc Chagall returned to his country and stayed there until 1922. He exercises a time as director and curator of Fine Arts schools, while continuing his work with "The Walk" in 1917 and the decor of the Jewish theater in Moscow.
- In 1922, Marc Chagall moved to Berlin where he made his first engravings and his autobiography "My Life", before returning to France in 1923
- In 1937, when he obtained French nationality World War II forced him from the free zone to eventually join the United States in 1941, like many other artists. He participates in this period to create the ballet "Aleko" painted in 1942 and "Obsession" in 1943.
- In 1948, the end of the war marks the return to France of Marc Chagall, goal aussi its international recognition. Chagall His work, without attaching himself to school No, characteristics of this surrealism and neo-primitivism. It is the UN more famous artists settled in France in the twentieth century with Pablo Picasso. In 1950, he moved to Vence and start techniques SES Diversify A, in 1955, began on decorating project chapels of Calvary. It produces ceramic murals Then pour the Church of Our Lady of All Grace at Assy, stained glass, paintings pour the Paris Opera, mosaics, tapestries and Others. In 1966, he gives the French state his work "Biblical Message".
- It is on the heights of Saint Paul de Vence That such unwise What Chagall Lived Annees The last of His life. Whether he contemplated nature painted all day listening to Mozart and in the evening he walked pursuing his dream son, peace and love.
- Marc Chagall developed his own symbolic Around his intimate life, full of colors, Winged figures, flowers, animals and musical instruments.
- He will work with Art son Up In HIS LAST days. September 28, 1985, he died at Saint Paul.
Available artworks below