Bernard BUFFET 1928-1999
- Born in Paris on 10 July 1928, Bernard Buffet explodes early on the national and international scene. At 15, he was admitted to the National School of Fine Arts in Narbonne workshop. After two years of study, he decided to workindependentlyand in his twentieth year he received the Critics Award. In 1955, following the referendum organized by "Connaissance des Arts" is designated 1 of the top ten artists of the postwar period.
- Bernard Buffet is a master of misery, his style is punchy and sharp, addresses the most varied themes, inspired by Western culture as Eastern culture: Christ, Joan of Arc, bullfighting, Venice, New York, the French Revolution, but also Japan ...
- The paint is expensive, it put very little on his canvas which gives tables with little material and few colors (gray, black, green ...).
- He produced more than 8,000 paintings, watercolors, drawings, lithographs and engravings. He exhibited worldwide, he even has a museum in Japan Surugadaira containing over a thousand works, which is dedicated to him.
- On 4 October 1999, Bernard Buffet, who suffered from Parkinson's disease, ended his days in his property Domaine de la Baume in Tourtour (Var, France). His ashes were scattered in the gardens of Buffet Museum, Japan.
Soucis dans un pot