ANDY WARHOL 1928-1987
- Andy Warhol, whose real name was Andy Warhola was born in Pittsburgh in 1928 in the US, it was during his studies that he will adopt the technique buffered drawing. The year or he graduated, he began working as a draftsman in magazines likeVogue or Harper's Bazaar. At the same time, he became Andy Warhol. His first exhibition was held in 1952 at the Hugo Gallery.
- In 1962 he participated with Roy Lichtenstein at a major exhibition of pop art and new realism, knowing seize the irresistible American culture of the 70s, he will paint his first Campbell's soup cans, dollars and made his first serigraphs of American stars, his artistic life takes a turn. In 1963, he opened in an abandoned factory "Factory" this place is between anonymous and where we leave "Superstar" (in the terminology of Warhol) will become the hot spot of New York life, it produces there the band "the Velvet Underground" which he became the mentor and is shooting experimental films.
- In 1964, to place his first exhibition in Europe and, on this occasion, it will reproduce 3D boxes of ketchup "Heinz". Two years later, officially announced his retirement A.Warhol pictorial art to devote to films.
- Victim of an attempted assassination in 1968, it will take some time to recover. He will then screen printed portraits that will be his most famous works, such as Mao Tse Tong, Mick Jagger and Marilyn Monroe.
- In 1986, he joined Jean-Michel Basquiat to contribute to the revival of expressionist figuration.
- February 22, 1987, he died in New York following a failed operation