Marc CHAGALL 1887-1985
- Marc Chagall was born Moiche Zakharovitch chagalov July 7, 1887 near Vitebsk in Belarus. Born into a poor family he was raised in the Jewish culture. It was in his hometown he discovered painting, before leaving in 1907 to pursue studies Fine Arts in St. Petersburg and start working in the studio of a decorator of Russian ballet. Dreaming of discovering Paris, it then installs it in 1911. There he met many artists like Léger and Apollinaire then made his first major works as "Golgotha" and his first exhibitions in 1912 and in 1914 in Berlin.
- With World War I, Marc Chagall returned to his country and stayed there until 1922. He exercises a time as director and curator of Fine Arts schools, while continuing his work with "The Walk" in 1917 and the decor of the Jewish theater in Moscow.
- In 1922, Marc Chagall moved to Berlin where he made his first engravings and his autobiography "My Life", before returning to France in 1923
- In 1937, when he obtained French nationality World War II forced him from the free zone to eventually join the United States in 1941, like many other artists. He participates in this period to create the ballet "Aleko" painted in 1942 and "Obsession" in 1943.
- In 1948, the end of the war marks the return to France of Marc Chagall, goal aussi its international recognition. Chagall His work, without attaching himself to school No, characteristics of this surrealism and neo-primitivism. It is the UN more famous artists settled in France in the twentieth century with Pablo Picasso. In 1950, he moved to Vence and start techniques SES Diversify A, in 1955, began on decorating project chapels of Calvary. It produces ceramic murals Then pour the Church of Our Lady of All Grace at Assy, stained glass, paintings pour the Paris Opera, mosaics, tapestries and Others. In 1966, he gives the French state his work "Biblical Message".
- It is on the heights of Saint Paul de Vence That such unwise What Chagall Lived Annees The last of His life. Whether he contemplated nature painted all day listening to Mozart and in the evening he walked pursuing his dream son, peace and love.
- Marc Chagall developed his own symbolic Around his intimate life, full of colors, Winged figures, flowers, animals and musical instruments.
- He will work with Art son Up In HIS LAST days. September 28, 1985, he died at Saint Paul.
Available artworks below
Ciel Des Amoureux
Ange et Musicien
L'âne sur le village
GEORGES BRAQUE 1882-1963
- Considered one of the major painters of the twentieth century, Georges Braque was born in Argenteuil 13 May 1882. He studied at the School of Fine Arts in Le Havre and then, a few years later, returned to the Humbert Academy of Paris .
- He painted his first paintings of impressionist influences in 1905 before approaching fauvism working pure colors and geometric compositions. In 1907 his works were exhibited at the Salon des Independants in Paris.
- Marked by the style of Paul Cézanne, he began developing a new style based on the simplification and geometric shapes. By transposing the three-dimensional objects, Braque produces paintings in two dimensions. With Picasso, they will be subsequently considered the inventors of Cubism. Georges Braque doesn’t thereby cease to paint his still lifes for which he is famous. He entered his painting collages and developed the technique of "collages", this period is the "synthetic" phase of Cubism.
- At the beginning of the First World War, Braque was seriously injured, he resumed painting in 1917. His work will then be less angular and more colorful tones approaching more and more of reality.
- He also produced many decorative works and sculpture and became the first painter in the Louvre in his lifetime.
- On 31 August 1963 he died in Paris
ARMAN FERNANDEZ 1928-2005
- Arman, was born Armand Fernandez November 17, 1928 in Nice. Painter, sculptor and visual artist , he is known for his " accumulations " , it is the movement of the new realists . He lived between Vence and New York where he died on 22 October 2005.
Bernard BUFFET 1928-1999
- Born in Paris on 10 July 1928, Bernard Buffet explodes early on the national and international scene. At 15, he was admitted to the National School of Fine Arts in Narbonne workshop. After two years of study, he decided to workindependentlyand in his twentieth year he received the Critics Award. In 1955, following the referendum organized by "Connaissance des Arts" is designated 1 of the top ten artists of the postwar period.
- Bernard Buffet is a master of misery, his style is punchy and sharp, addresses the most varied themes, inspired by Western culture as Eastern culture: Christ, Joan of Arc, bullfighting, Venice, New York, the French Revolution, but also Japan ...
- The paint is expensive, it put very little on his canvas which gives tables with little material and few colors (gray, black, green ...).
- He produced more than 8,000 paintings, watercolors, drawings, lithographs and engravings. He exhibited worldwide, he even has a museum in Japan Surugadaira containing over a thousand works, which is dedicated to him.
- On 4 October 1999, Bernard Buffet, who suffered from Parkinson's disease, ended his days in his property Domaine de la Baume in Tourtour (Var, France). His ashes were scattered in the gardens of Buffet Museum, Japan.
BUFFET Fleurs De Guine 1993
BUFFET 1F Les Fleurs
BUFFET Vue De Paris
ROY LICHTENSTEIN 1923-1997
- Born October 27, in Manhattan , Roy Lichtenstein is one of the most important artists of the pop American art . His work identifiable at first glance (points, lines , and very flat colors ) by the judicious se of a few dominant colors draws heavily on advertising and popular imagery and the comics of his time.
- In 1961, the New York Leo Castelli gallery exhibits his work , Roy Lichtenstein obtains his first solo exhibition in 1962. By using cartoon images and derived commercial printing techniques, it then causes a visual shock .
- In the early 1990s, the artist and his family make arrangements to create a private foundation to facilitate public access to art and the art of his time.
- He died in 1997 following a pneumonia in New York
Aspen Winter Jazz
Henri MATISSE 1869-1954
- Painter, draftsman, sculptor and engraver, Henri Matisse was born in Le Cateau , December 31, 1869
- From 1887 to 1889 he studied law at the Faculty of Paris . In twenty years , forced to stay in bed after an appendicitis attack , his mother gave him a paint box , this is how he discovered the pleasure of painting . In 1891 he devoted himself to painting and was admitted to the Ecole des Beaux Arts in Paris in 1895. A year later he made his first exhibition.
- In 1905 "At the Salon d'Automne " , Matisse and other painters exhibit their paintings with flat areas of pure color and contrast , even garish , which will cause a scandal, the art critic Louis Vauxcelles compare the place to a "cage of wild beasts ", the term « Fauvisme » was immediately adopted by the painters themselves. Matisse has emerged as the leader of the movement and this period will mark the recognition of his work .
- Gradually Matisse that stands out from other movements by its use of the simplification, stylization and color as the only subject of the painting became a major figure of the twentieth century . Pablo Picasso , who was his friend considered him as a great rival while Andy Warhol him , "wanted to be Matisse "
- In 1916 , he discovered the Riviera it repeatedly rub to settle and end his days.
- In 1963, a museum in his name was dedicated by the city of Nice
Bal des arts décoratifs - la Pompadour 1951
See video Below
ANDY WARHOL 1928-1987
- Andy Warhol, whose real name was Andy Warhola was born in Pittsburgh in 1928 in the US, it was during his studies that he will adopt the technique buffered drawing. The year or he graduated, he began working as a draftsman in magazines likeVogue or Harper's Bazaar. At the same time, he became Andy Warhol. His first exhibition was held in 1952 at the Hugo Gallery.
- In 1962 he participated with Roy Lichtenstein at a major exhibition of pop art and new realism, knowing seize the irresistible American culture of the 70s, he will paint his first Campbell's soup cans, dollars and made his first serigraphs of American stars, his artistic life takes a turn. In 1963, he opened in an abandoned factory "Factory" this place is between anonymous and where we leave "Superstar" (in the terminology of Warhol) will become the hot spot of New York life, it produces there the band "the Velvet Underground" which he became the mentor and is shooting experimental films.
- In 1964, to place his first exhibition in Europe and, on this occasion, it will reproduce 3D boxes of ketchup "Heinz". Two years later, officially announced his retirement A.Warhol pictorial art to devote to films.
- Victim of an attempted assassination in 1968, it will take some time to recover. He will then screen printed portraits that will be his most famous works, such as Mao Tse Tong, Mick Jagger and Marilyn Monroe.
- In 1986, he joined Jean-Michel Basquiat to contribute to the revival of expressionist figuration.
- February 22, 1987, he died in New York following a failed operation
PABLO PICASSO 1881-1973
- Painter, draftsman and sculptor , Pablo Ruiz Picasso was born in Malaga October 25, 1881 and spent most of his life in France .
- At 10 years and it is carried to the drawing while he can barely read . A14 -year-old returns to the Academy of Fine Arts , he is admitted to following and proves to be a true prodigy. He mastered quickly and perfectly drawing and painting. At 16, Picasso has reached the highest artistic level of the best art schools in Spain .
- Blue Period (1901-1903) and Rose Period (1905-1906)
- With George Braque, Cubism gives birth (1906 - 1914)
- Return to classicism (1916 - 1924) He painted large bathers to dislocated body.
- In 1937 , while a civil war torn Spain, therefore chooses to represent his anger and revolt through a monumental work : Guernica universally symbolizes the horror of war. In 1949, he painted the beautiful dove for peace.
- Picasso revolutionized modern art. Les Demoiselles d'Avignon was the first significant work of this movement.
- His painting has evolved based on his life, of his dramas , his meetings and his loves . Picasso painted tirelessly in relentless fashion. His life was rich and his only constant was his painting. It was varied and although it was not always faithful to a particular artistic movement , his painting is always sincere .
- April 8, 1973, he died in Mougins at the age of 91, his genius was recognized in his lifetime and today ten museums in the world are exclusively devoted to him
Femme nue devant un rideau
Femme au fauteuil
Picasso is exposed at Third Gallery - 64, rue Grande.
ALEXANDER ARCHIPENKO 1887-1964
- Born in Kiev May 30, 1887 Alexander Archipenko Porfyrovych is an American sculptor of Ukrainian origin. Alexander Archipenko has developed a sculptural form of Cubism to show different views of the same figure temps.Par this release form, Archipenko breaks with traditional sculpture and is emerging as one of the masters of the avant-garde.
- regarded as the first cubist sculptor , Archipenko develops its legacy of experimentation throughout his career , introducing the sculpture « mixed media ».
- February 25, 1964 He died in New York
Femme Allongée 1914